Saturday, March 6, 2010

October-Present:

In October I moved to Abu Dhabi to live with my parents and continue my search for work on the other side of the planet. It was hard to leave Sequim and my new friends which I had finally found there, but upon arriving in the UAE I met so many peers within the first week that it was overwhelming. It has, as of now, been the easiest move I have ever made.

Living with my parent, brother and sister-in-law I am constantly surrounded by love, support and fellowship. The group Crossroads (bible study for singles or those here without their families) which meets at our house allowed me to meet loads of new friends right off the bat. Within the 6 months of being here I have at least 10 people to call when I want to play!

Since my arrive in the UAE have contacted all 60 of the environmental consulting firms in the country. Applications for positions at multinational corporations in Iraq, Australia, Europe and Canada have been filed. Countless CVs have been passed out to the numerous friends and acquaintances who “might know someone”—people are so willing to try to help here!

As of yet the job search here hasn’t been a success but I have had interviews and answers to my emails. I have been told if they got any work they would hire me. I have received encouragement from friends and family. Though still unemployed I don’t remember the last time I felt so loved and so valued. I feel that God is continuously pouring out his love on me. I am not just provided for, but cared for deeply, encouraged when I get down, given unexpected gifts, and am experiencing richer times with Our Lord. I like to think I am growing in him and in myself as I continue to look for opportunities and contact possible employers.

For anyone out there looking for employment - find people to support you on a daily basis! Having these supporters around has been so good for me. They encourage me and love me whether or not I am employed. They motivate me to keep searching. They perk me back up after disappointments. I am so grateful to all of you!!

1 comment:

  1. And I, for one, am most grateful for you!!! Thank you for being such a wonderful part of my life here!

    ReplyDelete