Friday, March 5, 2010

July-September 2009:

Upon the collapse of the daycare, two of the little girls that attended began attending ‘Cait’s House Care.’ My grandfather was so gracious in letting me care for these two girls at his house 35 hours a week. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. These two particular girls turned out to be VERY high maintenance. They exhausted me each and every day and often frustrated me. It was the first time in my whole life in which playing with and caring for children was work. Work I felt I didn’t get paided nearly enough for!


It wasn't all bad though. I was able to run errands for Grandpa, spend afternoons at the pool or river, do art projects and play outside. They just wore me out! 

There was again lots of new learning for me. I got to see yet another family struggling to make ends meet and I learned loads about caring for children. By time the time September 9th and the start of school came both Grandpa and I breathed large sighs of relief as my two charges returned to school and my commitment to them ended.

During this time I almost always had at least one animal I was caring for as well. I had started my own pet sitting and photography business and though I didn’t have any pet photography clients I did have several clients that I house sat and pet sat for. I loved doing this. It got me out of the house, seeing new things and meeting new friends.One of my best clients also introduced me to a new addition to Sequim--a couple just out from Boston to serve in the Coast Guard. My new friends offered lots of fun and companionship and encouragement.


Hard work, new friends, still no bites on a career type job and unemployed again...

No comments:

Post a Comment