Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thursday, around 11am, I get a call. “Hello Caitlin, It is M-- with ERM. Remember me?” I did and she proceeded to ask me to come in to their office. “Could I come in Sunday? I’m really busy today.” “Well no, you meet the client Sunday?” “Oh so you are giving me a job?!” “Yes. Please come.”

I ended up going in to their office, was told they would hire me as a freelance and that I would meet the client Sunday. Wow.

I need a SUIT!! This job requires professional work cloths...hummm....

Enter wonderful Angie! Angie spent a long Friday cruising all the malls with me and helping me to understand business/professional dress. It was a VERY stressful day for me. Every time I looked in the mirror I saw someone that looked like me but was dressed oddly. I'll forever be grateful for Angie's patience and help.

Upon finally choosing the suit and purchasing it I brought it home and modeled it. "Isn't it a little snug?" inquired Mom. It was quite stressful. How could I do the job if I couldn't even find the right cloths!? Later that day I got in to the actual work and enjoyed it. Though I shopping is a huge challenge I enjoyed the work!

That job is now finished and once again I am waiting. 

2 comments:

  1. It would be my guess that many outside of the environmental world don't know of ERM and it's broad range of services. We have a close relative also working for ERM half way around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sadly this isn't even that ERM. I was really excited to have ERM call but this is a very small local company with a different name...technically it is called Emirates ERM. :)

    ReplyDelete