Thursday, August 12, 2010

Do I have a job?!

August 11, 2010, exactly 23 months from the day I left Albania I received a job offer!

Back in December of 2009 I was told of an organization that will be working with local High School Students to improve their interpersonal skills and increase their emotional intelligence. This was to be done with programs in the schools that use youth group/camp type activities and military training exercises that promote the development of self-esteem and skills outside of the academic. Sounded SO interesting!!

I applied immediately, was giving another person to contact, and was then told hiring would begin in February. I didn’t hear and didn’t hear. In March I heard from a third person in regards to the hiring—it had been delayed. Throughout the spring and summer I would hear from different people at the company every six weeks or so and was always told that hiring hadn’t yet begun. Four weeks ago I sent my resume (again) to an HR firm in England that had been hired to help with the hiring process. That lady informed me that I was cleared and my info had been sent to the company in the UAE. I never heard more...

UNTIL…

…Saturday the 7th, I received a call about an interview. I interviewed the 10th and was offered a job the 11th. I am supposed to start around the 1st of September and have been offered a salary that will allow me to live and get my own place to live too. Wow!

Is it too good to be true? After the last two long years I can’t imagine having a solid job that will support me. I am waiting for it to fall apart but remaining hopeful in spite of myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congrats Cait. I'm really happy for you. What are the details??? Where will you be living, exactly what will you be doing, etc? This job sounds so YOU!! You were faithful to wait patiently and help out with family needs while all this process was taking place. Couldn't be happier for you. Keep me posted.
    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who you are anonymous but if I did I could email you more details. :)

    ReplyDelete